Access the complete set of documents detailing the artist residency Terms and Conditions.
You are required to adhere to all of these terms and conditions.
Please read each document carefully.
The Swatch Art Peace Hotel is proud to offer selected candidates some artistic 'time out' in its unique artist residency in one of the most exciting cities.
- Only online application will be accepted.
- There is no application deadline.
- Register first by creating an account on our website. Follow the registration process.
- You will receive an email with a link. Click on the link to confirm your registration.
- A second email will be sent to you confirming the creation of your account.
- Now you can log in and apply by filling in all the sections in English.
- Convince the jury with your individual and personal motivation, explaining what makes you different from other candidates and providing details on your planned work in Shanghai. Consider the following tips:
- Submit your application. You'll be asked to pay a fee of 30.- CHF which will be entirely donated to Médecin Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders).
- Your application will then be reviewed. Please allow about 8 weeks for the process.
You will be contacted in any case, whether you're invited, or not.
- Should you be invited, the Swatch Art Peace Hotel team will contact you to organize the travel to Shanghai (see What You Get).
You are responsible for obtaining a valid business visa. However the Swatch Art Peace Hotel team provides assistance and support.
Once in Shanghai, the Chinese Swatch Art Peace Hotel team will support you.
Every artist is entitled to hold an 'Open Studio' in their own working space at the end of the stay. However no artist residency exhibition will be held in the hotel.
The artist residency hosts invited artists only; no family members, friends, partners or visiting artists.
The stay at the Swatch Art Peace Hotel artist residency (including breakfast) is free of charge for artists-in-residence.
At the end of your residency, you will solely be asked to leave a 'trace' that will represent you in the Virtual Museum of the Swatch Art Peace Hotel's website.
We wish you the best of luck and hope to welcome you to China soon!
If you do not have an account yet, please click here to fill in the registration form.Register here