Apply for the artist residency
In the exceptional global situation, international travels are very limited and many boarders are closed. Therefore, for the time being, we can only welcome artists (of any nationality of course) who are based in China. Artists responding to this criteria and who are selected will have an opportunity to join the Swatch Art Peace Hotel within a relatively short timeframe, depending on availability of workshops.
Applications of artists coming from other Countries will of course be considered, but timing of the residency cannot be defined at this stage.
Please make sure to visit us on a regular base, follow us on Instagram or Facebook so you don’t miss the much awaited moment when we reopen our doors again, to all artists, coming from all over the world!
How to apply:
- Register an account on our website
- Login and prepare your application
- You are required to adhere to all of the terms and conditions. Please read each document carefully.
- Submit and pay a fee of 30 Swiss francs which will be entirely donated to Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders)
- Your application will be reviewed by an international committee. Please allow minimum 12 weeks for the process.
Please also make sure to carefully read though what you will get as an artist-in-residence.
Tips and helpful information for your application:
Convince the jury with your individual and personal motivation, explaining what makes you different from other candidates and providing details on your planned work in Shanghai.
- Only online applications written in English can be accepted.
- There is no application deadline.
- Present yourself consistently throughout the whole application.
- Present your project in as much detail as possible, explaining its relationship to Shanghai.
- Upload only relevant and most representative files.
- Choose availability knowing that a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months are obligatory.
- For group applications, each member has to apply individually. Group size is limited to 2 persons.
Should you be invited, the Swatch Art Peace Hotel team will contact you to organize your stay.
Please make sure to carefully read though what you will get as an artist-in-residence.