Apply for the artist residency
The Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai is proud to offer selected candidates some artistic 'time out' in its unique artist residency in one of the world's most exciting cities. Selected artists are invited to stay for three to six months for free to work on a self-chosen project.
How to apply:
Register an account on our website
- Login and prepare your application
- Submit and pay a fee of 30 Swiss francs which will be entirely donated to Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders)
- Your application will be reviewed by an international committee. Please allow about 10 weeks for the process.
Tips and helpful information for your application:
Convince the jury with your individual and personal motivation, explaining what makes you different from other candidates and providing details on your planned work in Shanghai.
- Only online applications written in English can be accepted.
- There is no application deadline.
- You are required to adhere to all of the terms and conditions. Please read each document carefully.
- Present yourself consistently throughout the whole application.
- Present your project in as much detail as possible, explaining its relationship to Shanghai.
- Upload only relevant and most representative files.
- Choose availability knowing that a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months are obligatory.
- For group applications, each member has to apply individually. Group size is limited to 3 persons.
Should you be invited, the Swatch Art Peace Hotel team will contact you to organize your stay.
Please also make sure to carefully read though what you will get as an artist-in-residence.